Napoleon® is proud to offer the world renown quality of their clean burning wood technology at an economical price that’s easy on your budget. The Independence™ wood burning stove provides the best value for your money – the same clean burning and efficient Napoleon® EPA technology, reliability and performance but in a “dressed down” version. Take control of your independence from the utility companies and save money heating your home!
- Appealing pedestal base provides a well concealed inlet for combustion air which can be drawn from outside to add even more heating efficiency
- The easy operation of a single lever burn control regulates primary and secondary air establishing a perfect mixture and providing a clean and efficient burn
- Wrap around side shields add a delicate balance of elegance and functional practicality helping to disperse heat evenly and reduce clearances to combustibles
- Non-catalytic high tech design eliminates the need for a delicate ceramic catalytic combustor which can deteriorate over time
- Secondary air tube protected with a stainless steel cover plate ensures complete combustion
- Large viewing area through an elegantly arched cast iron door
- Airwash in combination with high temperatures keeps the viewing glass clean
- Economical 6″ flue assures you of efficiency and cost saving installations
- Upper firebox lined with ceramic fiber baffles
- Cool room air is circulated around the firebox, heated and returned to the room
- Optional heat circulating blower increases hot air distribution throughout the room
- Available in painted black or metallic black finishes
- President’s Limited Lifetime Warranty
Convenient Single Lever
Variable Speed Blower
EP62-1 Variable Speed Blower $224.00
EP36 Thermostatic Sensor Control $38.00
111KT Outside Air Kit - 4' Insulated Flex Pipe $76.00
4" diameter with through the wall vent.
W475-0217 Fresh air cover plate (required with 111KY) $20.00
270 Paint, Thurmalox - black 13 oz. $14.00
|Model||Independence™ – 1450|
|BTU’s||Heat Output*||High Output (High Burn)**|
|11,400 – 41,300||70,000|
|Firebox Capacity (cu. ft.)||2.25|
|Area Heated (sq. ft.)***||800 – 2,000+|
|Burn Time (Hours)||9|
|Log Size (Max)||18″|
|Emissions(Grams Per Hour)||3.5|
|Mobile Home Approved||Yes (USA Only)|
|Blower Kit Available||Yes|
|Single wall chimney connector from stove to combustibles||6″||12″||12″|
|With approved double wall pipe from stove to combustibles||4″||6″||10″|
|Weight Of Bricks||145 lbs.|
|Weight Without Bricks, Doors or Faceplates||305 lbs.|
|If the stove is to be installed on a combustible floor, it must be placed on an approved non-combustible hearth pad, that extends 8″ (200mm) beyond the stove sides and back, and 18″ (455mm) to the front. Clearances can be reduced with shielding acceptable to local authorities. Reduced installation must comply with NFPA211 or CAN/CSA-B365.|
*EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) rated BTU/h with softwood test fuel (for emissions only) – no refueling.
**Wolf Steel Ltd. own test results showing realistic BTU’s using hardwood logs with regular refueling. Heat output will differ on chimney draft as well as type, moisture content and size of wood.
***Figures may vary with individual conditions such as floor plan layout, insulation value/heat loss of the house, geographical location and firewood used.